Connect with us
LASTEST

NEWS

Don’t Stand In America’s Way On Hormuz – Trump Draws Battle Line, Threatens Military Action Against Oman

Published

on

Don’t Stand In America’s Way On Hormuz – Trump Draws Battle Line, Threatens Military Action Against Oman

Don’t Stand In America’s Way On Hormuz – Trump Draws Battle Line, Threatens Military Action Against Oman

U.S. President Donald Trump

  • President Donald Trump threatens to bomb Oman if the Gulf nation obstructs U.S. efforts to secure unrestricted access to the Strait of Hormuz, despite Muscat being a longstanding American security partner and regional mediator.

  • The warning comes as the 60-day U.S.-Iran negotiation deadline expires without a breakthrough, leaving both sides sharply divided over Tehran’s nuclear programme and control of one of the world’s most strategic oil shipping routes.

  • Iran announces it has reached an understanding with Oman on managing maritime transit through the Strait of Hormuz, but Washington insists the waterway must be fully reopened without restrictions or Iranian leverage.

  • Fresh tensions heighten fears of renewed military escalation in the Gulf, with the uncertainty threatening global energy supplies and the stability of international oil markets.

August 17, () — United States President Donald Trump has sharply escalated tensions in the Gulf, threatening military action against Oman if the country interferes with Washington’s efforts to secure unrestricted access to the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most critical maritime oil corridors.

Trump made the remarks during an interview with Fox News on Monday after being asked about ongoing talks between Iran and Oman over the future management of shipping through the strategic waterway.

Advertisement

“If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s— out of them”, Trump declared, issuing one of his strongest warnings yet against the Gulf nation, a traditional U.S. ally that hosts American military forces and has long served as a diplomatic bridge between Washington and Tehran.

Ask ZiVA 728x90 Ads

The warning came as the 60-day deadline set for negotiations between the United States and Iran expired without any agreement on Tehran’s nuclear programme, regional security or the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz. Neither side announced an extension, underscoring the widening gulf between Washington and Tehran.

READ THIS  Air Peace Secures Approval For Brazil Flight Services, Targets Toronto, New York, China Routes

Despite the expiration of the diplomatic deadline, Trump indicated he was under no pressure to conclude negotiations quickly.

“They’re good poker players, but they’re dying”, the president said in apparent reference to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), while also revealing that direct communication channels exist between his administration and the elite Iranian force.

“I have no time schedule. I’m not in a hurry”, Trump added, suggesting Washington would continue applying pressure rather than compromise on its demands.

Don’t Stand In America’s Way On Hormuz – Trump Draws Battle Line, Threatens Military Action Against Oman
Map of Strait of Hormuz Photo credit Britannica

Brent Tumbles Below $80 as US-Iran Hormuz Talks Raise Supply Hopes

Trump Draws Red Line In Hormuz, Threatens To Bomb Iranian Bridge, Power Plant For Every Ship Targeted

Advertisement

Trump Declares Strait of Hormuz Open to All Shipping Except Iran, Withdraws 20% Transit Charge

Iran-Oman Deal Raises Fresh Questions

Earlier on Monday, Iran disclosed that it had reached an understanding with Oman on arrangements for managing maritime transit through the Strait of Hormuz.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baqaei said an agreement had been reached on the “map of the transit route”, although he stopped short of providing operational details.

Previous reports suggested the arrangement could allow ships to transit through designated channels close to both Iranian and Omani waters without paying interim transit fees while broader negotiations continue. However, Washington has yet to indicate whether such an arrangement would satisfy its demand for the complete restoration of unrestricted navigation through the waterway.

The Strait of Hormuz remains one of the world’s most strategically important maritime chokepoints, carrying roughly one-fifth of global oil supplies under normal conditions.

Advertisement

The waterway has remained heavily disrupted since Iran effectively closed it following U.S. and Israeli military operations earlier this year. Tehran has maintained that it will not fully restore navigation until sanctions and restrictions affecting its ports are addressed, while insisting it retains authority over security in the area.

The prolonged disruption has rattled international shipping, driven up insurance costs for commercial vessels and fuelled volatility across global energy markets.


 APP ADS 2

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Enable Notifications OK No thanks