Connect with us
LASTEST

NEWS

‘No Davido In Edo Again’- Okpebholo’s Aide Declares War on Singer, Threatens Hostile Reception

Published

on

‘No Davido In Edo Again’- Okpebholo’s Aide Declares War on Singer, Threatens Hostile Reception

‘No Davido In Edo Again’- Okpebholo’s Aide Declares War on Singer, Threatens Hostile Reception

  • Governor Monday Okpebholo’s aide has declared Davido unwelcome in Edo State, saying the singer should not expect to perform in the state for the remainder of the governor’s tenure.

  • The aide said Davido had crossed the line with his remarks about Okpebholo and his family, declaring that the governor’s camp had no interest in seeing the singer return to Edo for musical performances.

  • The confrontation followed Davido’s attacks on Okpebholo after the governor criticised Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke, Davido’s uncle, during the build-up to the August 15 governorship election.

  • The governor’s aide claimed some Edo youths were angered by Davido’s comments and warned that the singer could face a hostile reception if he returned to the state, including through the airport.

August 21, () — An aide to the Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, has escalated his public confrontation with Nigerian music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

The aide declared that the singer is no longer welcome in the state and warned that he could face a hostile reception if he returns.

The governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy Chukwu, made the declaration in a video shared on YouTube by Peniel TV International, Benin City, on Thursday.

Ask ZiVA 728x90 Ads

Chukwu said Davido had been banned from performing in Edo State for the remainder of Okpebholo’s administration, accusing the singer of making disrespectful remarks about the governor and his family.

“You have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” he said.

Advertisement

The declaration represents a fresh escalation of the dispute between Okpebholo and Davido, which erupted during the political activities surrounding the August 15 governorship election in Osun State.

Davido Refuses To Back Down

The latest confrontation followed Davido’s refusal to apologise over remarks he made about Okpebholo after the governor criticised Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, the singer’s uncle.

READ THIS  ?Don’t Let Me Die!“ — Veteran Nollywo⁠od Star Ngozi Nwosu Makes Emo‌tional Pl⁠ea As She Battles Se⁠r‌ious Health Challenge

Okpebholo had aimed at Adeleke during the campaign, criticising the dancing and questioning aspects of his conduct as governor.

Davido responded by sharing what appeared to be Okpebholo’s West African Examinations Council (WAEC) result on his Instagram Story.

The singer subsequently defended the post during an interview, insisting that he had no reason to apologise.

Davido argued that he had only shown Osun residents the academic record of a governor who had travelled to the state to campaign against his uncle. He also criticised Okpebholo for leaving Edo State to participate in the Osun election and questioned the governor’s electoral mandate.

Advertisement

Chukwu, while defending the governor, accused Davido of crossing the line with his comments and social media activity. He said the singer’s remarks had angered some youths in Edo State, claiming that they were opposed to Davido returning to the state to perform.

“Edo youths are angry. They said if they catch you again, nobody should bring Davido to come and perform in any place again in Edo State,” he said.

The aide further warned that Davido could face a hostile reception if he returned to Edo, including through the airport.

Chukwu also criticised the singer’s earlier social media post concerning Okpebholo’s academic record, describing the document as allegedly manipulated and warning Davido against making similar posts.


Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Enable Notifications OK No thanks